mardi 30 novembre 2010

airports : where in the world?

Most people hate airports, I love them.

There is something incredibly reassuring about the generic nature of an airport...If it weren't for the second language on all the signs (the non-English language), you might not even know where in the world you were.

And I think that's the quality I love...You can believ that you are anywhere in the world and more importantly you could be heaidng anywhere.

Sometimes the alienation that I feel in Bangkok is really overwhelming, yet as soon as I enter the Suvarnabhumi Airport, I am inundated by the feeling that eventually I will be here because I will be on my way home and that is the most wonderful feeling in the worldand also one that makes me confident that the rest of my time here won't be so bad.

Home is really only ever a flight away.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire